Monday, June 29, 2009

Interview with Kyle Moody

I had the honor to meet and talk with Kyle Moody over the last couple weeks after he took my challenge. I asked him if he would mind taking a interview so I could post it up and he agreed. It is good to see up and coming drivers such as Kyle, Nicole Bower, Jesse Morrison, Derek Sell, Tim Wagaman, Logan Shoehart and so many others. I think our sport is in good hands. Thanks Kyle for taking the time to answwer my questions.

When did you start racing?

I started racing go karts when I was 8 years old.

Who helps you with the car each week?

My family is a big help, specially my dad and grandpa with the cost. We also have friends like Kenny, Tire Jason, Pepsi Jason, and Whiz that come each week to the track and shop.

What do you love about the sport that makes you want to come back each week and race?

The feeling of sitting behind the wheel and racing with some of the best competition in the area.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years of racing?

Hopefully on the outlaw tour or possibly even farther.

For the fans, what is it like to drive one of these cars?

An amazing experience that is very addicting.

You got 2 wins this year, one at Williams Grove and one at Lincoln. How did that feel?

Pretty exciting and also surprising considering it was my only 4th time racing a Williams Grove.

For the 358 division what rules or changes do you think can make it the division better?

There is to many to mention.(he laughs) I just think that the purpose of this division was built from the ground up for the low cost racers and a stepping stone for other drivers like myself to learn, and each year there going farther from that concept

Do you have a favorite 410 driver?

Nope. I watch them all and learn from them all.

Who had the biggest impact on your racing career and why?

Probably my dad, if it wasn't for him and all the money and time invested I wouldn't be where I am today.

What is your favorite part of racing?

Of course good finishes.

What is your favorite memory in racing so far?

Winning at Williams grove with only ever racing there 4 times.

What is the worst memory in racing so far?

I had a bad micro flip at Trail Ways and going to Hanover hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment